By Robert C. Jackson (auth.), Ann L. Jackman (eds.)
In Antifolate medicines in melanoma treatment, Ann Jackman and a panel of very popular researchers comprehensively overview the present prestige of novel antifolates, a massive category of anticancer medications. the prestigious members talk about the preclinical and medical pharmacology of methotrexate, different dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors,
5-fluorouracil, and the hot iteration of antifolates-the thymidylate synthase and glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase inhibitors. moreover, they assessment extensive the modulation of antifolate medicinal drugs, folate and antifolate delivery mechanisms, polyglutamation, resistance, and drug combos, in addition to pharmacogenomics, pharmacodynamics, rules of gene expression, and mechanisms of phone loss of life.
The large and revolutionary scope of Antifolate medicinal drugs in melanoma remedy presents entré to intriguing new avenues for destiny examine, and constitutes a brand new regular reference for all easy scientists and clinicians engaged in melanoma therapeutics.
Read Online or Download Antifolate Drugs in Cancer Therapy PDF
Similar cancer books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers a whole clinical dictionary protecting thousands of phrases and expressions in relation to mind. It additionally supplies large lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on tips on how to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few web assets. The e-book is designed for physicians, clinical scholars getting ready for Board examinations, clinical researchers, and sufferers who are looking to familiarize yourself with learn devoted to mind.
In Antifolate medications in melanoma remedy, Ann Jackman and a panel of very hot researchers comprehensively evaluate the present prestige of novel antifolates, a major type of anticancer medicines. the prestigious participants talk about the preclinical and scientific pharmacology of methotrexate, different dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors, 5-fluorouracil, and the recent iteration of antifolates-the thymidylate synthase and glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase inhibitors.
- Save Your Life
- Living with Lymphoma: A Patient’s Guide
- GnRH Analogues in Cancer and Human Reproduction: Volume IV Precocious Puberty, Contraception and Safety Issues
- Prostate Cancer - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Tackling major killers - Cancer
Extra resources for Antifolate Drugs in Cancer Therapy
Gene 1995;165:307-311. Chapter 2 / Folate Biochemistry 35 93. Maras B, Stover P, Valiante S, Barra D, Schirch V. Primary structure and tetrahydropteroylglutamate binding site of rabbit liver cytosolic 5,1O-methenyltetrahydrofolate synthetase. J Biol Chern 1994;269: 18,429-18,433. 94. Huang T, Schirch V. Mechanism for the coupling of ATP hydrolysis to the conversion of 5-formyltetrahydrofolate to 5,1O-methenyltetrahydrofolate. J Biol Chern 1995;270:22,296-22,230. 95. Rowe PB. Folates in the biosynthesis and degradation of purines, in Folates and Pterins, vol.
125. McGuire JJ, Coward JK. Pteroylpolyglutamates: biosynthesis, degradation and function, in Folates and Pterins, vol. 1 (Blakley RL, Benkovic SJ, vol. 1). Wiley, New York, 1984, pp. 135-190. 126. Samue1s LL, Goutas U, Priest DG, Piper JR, Sirotnak: FM. Hydrolytic cleavage of methotexate 'Ypolyglutamates by folylpolyglutamate hydrolase derived from various tumors and normal tissues of the mouse. Cancer Res. 1986;46:2230-2235. 127. Yao R, Rhee MS, Galivan J. Effects of 'Y-glutamyl hydrolase on folyl and antifolylpolyglutamates in cultured H35 hepatoma cells.
Krupenko NI, Wagner G. Transport of rat liver glycine-N-methyltransferase into rat liver nuclei. J Biol Chern 1997;272:27,140-27,146. 30. Pogribny IP, Miller BJ, James SJ. Alterations in hepatic p53 gene methylation patterns during tumor progression with folate/methyl deficiency in the rat. Cancer Lett 1997;115:31-38. 31. Kim YI, Pogribny IP, Basnakian AG, Miller JW, Selhub J, James SJ, Mason JB. Folate deficiency in rats induces DNA strand breaks and hypomethylation within the p53 tumor suppressor gene.
- Day Trading For Dummies (2nd Edition) by Ann C. Logue
- Dependency in Linguistic Description by Alain PolguŠre, Igor A. Mel'cuk