By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The number one IV drug guide for forty years, Intravenous medicines: A guide for Nurses and health and wellbeing Professionals is relied on for its accuracy and complete assurance. no matter if you wish the moveable print model or the handy digital structure, this re-creation presents crucial facts on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medications, entries for brand new IV medicinal drugs lately licensed by way of the FDA, enormous quantities of recent drug proof, an in depth index of widely used and alternate names and extra - all alphabetically prepared that can assist you locate drug details fast and easily.
- UNIQUE! released every year to make sure you have crucial info at the such a lot lately authorized IV medicines in addition to up-to-date info on present drugs.
- UNIQUE! comprises thorough insurance of greater than 350 IV medicines - giving you excess of the other related handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page structure keep all dosage info for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand infection by means of having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use layout provides all of the crucial scientific info you wish on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medications alphabetically by way of commonly used identify for speedy scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside monographs provide easy access to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, child, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key info speedy and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover details faster.
"A significant other site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ presents indicators, monographs for chosen brokers now not integrated within the booklet, a step by step instructional for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable normal dilution and resolution compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically suitable drug details for brand new IV medicines lately licensed via the FDA.
- NEW! up to date drug monographs reflect the most recent alterations in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Similar nursing books
This booklet presents Nurse Practitioners operating within the box of Acute medication with an up-to-the-minute, functional, and finished advisor to the administration of acute clinical sufferers. It serves as a textual content from which the busy hugely expert nurse can receive info on review, prognosis, and administration of acute health conditions.
Move 'back to fundamentals' with this concise, transparent textual content at the necessities of nursing care. * Comprehensively covers all elements of crucial care * places care into context and relates it to present united kingdom executive coverage and goals * exhibits easy methods to practice concept in perform utilizing diagrams and case stories * makes use of a 'reflective' topic all through, based on present educating perform * Explains scientific abilities within the context of care * features a better half site
Take this connection with clinicals or at the activity for fast entry to nursing talents! in keeping with Perry & Potter's market-leading medical Nursing talents & options, Mosby's Pocket consultant to Nursing abilities & systems, eighth variation provides eighty five key abilities in a handy spiral-bound, A-to-Z layout. step by step directions contain full-color photographs plus rationales explaining why and the way to take advantage of particular ideas.
Geared in particular to LPNs/LVNs, this quick-reference pocket advisor covers wound care ideas, wound care techniques and items, and wound prevention and evaluation. details is gifted within the easy-to-follow kind that characterizes all LPN specialist courses, with various illustrations and tables to explain and magnify the textual content.
- Nursing Law and Ethics
- Nursing the Child with Respiratory Problems
- Building and Managing a Career in Nursing: Strategies For Advancing Your Career
- IV Therapy Demystified - A Self-Teaching Guide
- A Practical Guide to Care Planning in Health and Social Care
- A Practical Guide to Care Planning in Health and Social Care
Extra info for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
Incidence of infection and malignancy is higher in the elderly. Use caution; see Precautions. , adalimumab [Humira], etanercept [Enbrel], infliximab [Remicade]) is associated with an increased risk of serious infections and no significant additional efficacy over use of the TNF antagonist alone. â•‡ nâ•‡ With the IV formulation, falsely elevated blood glucose readings may occur on the day of the infusion with specific blood glucose monitoring systems that react to drug products containing maltose.
Safety of IV formulation for use in pregnancy not established. â•‡ nâ•‡ Safety for use in breast-feeding not established. Acetaminophen is secreted in human milk in small quantities after oral administration. â•‡ nâ•‡ Safety and effectiveness for treatment of acute pain or fever has not been studied in pediatric patients less than 2 years of age. Elderly: No overall differences in safety and efficacy were observed between older and younger patients, but greater sensitivity of some older individuals cannot be ruled out.
A single dose equally distributed over 30 minutes. ACTIONS A soluble fusion protein that consists of the extracellular domain of human cytotoxic, T-lymphocyte–associated antigen 4 linked to the modified Fc portion of human immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1). Produced by recombinant DNA technology. Acts as a selective biologic response modulator by inhibiting T-lymphocyte activation, which is implicated in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Reduces pain and joint inflammation and slows the progression of structural damage to bone and cartilage.
- The Telephone - how it works? - CBT by Navkala Roy
- Advances in Cancer Research, Vol. 3 by Jeese P. Greenstein, Alexander Haddow (Eds.)