By Michael N. Smith
What have been they thinking?
Ever given that Adam snacked at the forbidden fruit and was once chased bare out of the backyard of Eden, mankind has bitten off a bevy of undesirable ideas.
From skinny-dipping Presidents to poisonous the teeth fillings to making a song pop stars who can't hold a song, 100 of the Worst rules in History is a party of humanity's historical—and frequently hysterical—missteps that experience began wars, sunk nations, wrecked businesses, scuttled careers, misplaced thousands, or even endangered the Earth.
• How a stressed chauffeur helped commence international struggle I
• Who grew to become down the best product placement chance in Hollywood history
• How a Chicago White Sox online game helped hasten the death of disco
• The toad that just about ate Australia
• the main harmful children's video game ever invented
• And a lot more (of rather a lot less!)
Spanning politics, popular culture, type, activities, expertise, and extra, this irreverent and witty e-book is jam-packed with enjoyable pictures and sidebars, tracing how those thundering brainstorms changed into blundering mind farts—and the outstanding affects our fake pas and foibles nonetheless have on us at the present time.
Read or Download 100 of the Worst Ideas in History: Humanity's Thundering Brainstorms Turned Blundering Brain Farts PDF
Similar reference books
The enhance photograph Library (BGL) provides skilled C++ builders prime quality implementations of quite a lot of graph information constructions and algorithms -- aiding them keep time that might another way were spent on constructing and debugging. Now, the BGL's creators supply an entire educational and reference designed to assist builders get effects with the BGL quick.
The realm Almanac® and booklet of evidence is the US s top-selling reference booklet of all time, with greater than eighty million copies offered. released each year seeing that 1868, this compendium of knowledge is the authoritative resource for your whole leisure, reference, and studying wishes. Praised as a treasure trove of political, fiscal, clinical and academic statistics and knowledge by means of the Wall highway magazine, the area Almanac® comprises millions of proof which are unavailable publicly in different places in reality, it's been featured as a class on Jeopardy!
- Americanize Your Language and Emotionalize Your Speech!
- 1974 Annual Supplement : An Annual Supplement to the UNIVERSAL REFERENCE SYSTEM’s Political Science Series, employing a single Index and Catalog to carry materials pertaining to the ten basic volumes in the series
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 6e
- Football For Dummies (UK Edition)
- Prepper's Home Defense: Security Strategies to Protect Your Family by Any Means Necessary
- Bubble Gum and Hula Hoops: The Origins of Objects in Our Everyday Lives
Additional info for 100 of the Worst Ideas in History: Humanity's Thundering Brainstorms Turned Blundering Brain Farts
Another case, this time genuine, was a 1980 incident involving five New Windsor children ranging from nine to fifteen who saw a lighted object in the woods. " It was thirty or forty feet long and noiselessly swayed back and forth, he said, and was in view about twenty minutes. According to the mother of one of the children, it disappeared when they walked toward it, which terrified them. They came home in an incoherent state. " The next day she went with her children to the overgrown, swampy area where the object was sighted.
Sharon stared at a stationary light that she thought was a bright star. The "star" suddenly shot across the sky and stopped. She was amazed and asked everyone repeatedly if they'd seen it. " I recalled the "sky games" I'd seen in California but had never seen in Pine Bush until now. It was interesting to know that the ships had a variety of consistent, if unpredictable, behaviors. In fact, the event Sharon had just witnessed led me to suspect much more was going on than we saw or knew about because the ships' activity had been so near but was so different from what I had previously seen in Pine Bush.
Bearden shows that antigravity devices and free energy or fuelless generators are possible, along with thought REENTRY: 1984 77 transference, through a deeper understanding of electromagnetism first indicated by Tesla. In Bearden's 1980 book, The Excalibur Briefing, and various articles published since then, he has laid out the theoretical basis for what can be called UFO propulsion, surveillance and communication systems. Also, following Tesla, he calls for a fundamental revision of electromagnetic theory and provides the physics and math to back up his call.
- Das Holz der deutschen Nadelwaldbäume by Robert Hartig
- The Alexander Technique Workbook: Your Personal Program for by Richard Brennan